First impressions are important, so having an easy-to-use and aesthetically pleasing business webpage is key to gaining custom. Here are some tips to ensure the success of your website:
Think of a good website address
- Make sure it is easy to spell and easy to remember, so that means no made-up words or slang. You want your business to show up even when people aren’t necessarily looking for it.
- Users will know immediately what your business is about if you choose a name that conveys meaning, especially if you’re a small business.
- Word-only domains are much more memorable than ones that include hyphens or numbers. These can confuse matters when talking about your domain name.
- Try and create something that is catchy, as this will be more memorable to the consumer.
Create a clear and concise description of your business.
People want to know who you are and what your business has to offer straight away. A mixture of both visual and written prompts need to be indicated straight away. The main thing to remember is that many people don’t have time.
They want the facts and they want them straight away. A good feature to have is an ‘About Us’ section in both the main and footer navigation menus; this makes more detailed information about your business easily accessible.
Create an engaging website interface
- Research your competition to see how they have designed their websites. This will give you an idea as to what you are up against. Your website needs to be appealing against other businesses offering the same service.
- Use appealing graphics and practical fonts that your users will find easy to read. (If you’re using a top website builder like WordPress or Wix, they offer lot of visual designs and layouts that can be used.)
- Stay on brand throughout the whole of your website
- Make sure your contact information is easily accessible
Keep on top of publishing quality content regularly
Your website needs to be up-to-date and full of relevant content to ensure you rank highly in search engine results. It will also encourage people to return to your site more frequently if there is a constant flow of new and relative content.
Create a website maintenance plan
A website is a commitment that you must stay on top of. Don’t let it grow stale as this will ultimately affect how you rank in search engines and also increases the risks of getting hacked.
- Continue to check on your competition
- Allow feedback from your website users
- Make sure all software is always up to date
- Run security scans regularly