People in today’s world are provided with a large number of messenger applications to try out. Out of those applications, Kik has received a lot of attention. We prefer to use Kik Messenger in order to communicate with our loved ones on a daily basis. Hence, it has become a messenger application that we cannot survive.
The only issue with Kik messenger is that you need to have a mobile phone in order to use it. If you don’t have a smartphone or if you don’t prefer to chat over your smartphone, you will not be interested in using. But there is still the possibility for you to use Kik for PC. Here are some of the methods that you can follow in order to get Kik for Windows. This will keep you away from the hassle of using your mobile device in order to use Kik.
If you have already installed Kik on your mobile phone, don’t worry about anything. There is still the possibility for you to go ahead and get it installed on your computer. You don’t need to do any changes to the app installed on your device. Just follow these steps and you will end up installing Kik for PC.
Install an Android Emulator
As you already know, there is no Kik setup for PC. Therefore, you cannot directly install the messenger app on your computer. Due to this reason, you will have to go ahead and install an Android emulator on the computer.
Out of Android emulators, we recommend you to go ahead and download Andy. It is one of the most reputed Android emulators and you will be provided with a convenient functionality by it at the end of the day. It has the ability to load faster than most of the Android emulators. Hence, you will love the overall functionality offered to you in the long run.
Here are the steps that you will need to follow in order to download the Andy Android Emulator.
- You can download Andy from the official website. It is not a heavy application and you will be able to complete the download within a short period of time. It is available for Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
- When you download Andy setup, you need to move forward and install it on your computer. This installation process is pretty much similar to the process that you need to follow when installing any other application on the device. You will be able to see the installation progress on your screen as well.
- When you see the installation is complete, you will have to go ahead and open the Andy application. By just double clicking on the Icon, you will be able to launch the application. This will initiate the Android emulator on your Windows PC.
- If you are launching Andy for the very first time, you will be provided with several screens, which deliver information about the Emulator Activity. You just need to go through these screens and then you will be accessing the emulator.
- To start using the emulator, you will be asked to sign in to your Google account. You just need to enter the credentials of your Google account and sign into the app. Now you will be provided with the ability to access the Google Play Store.
- If you don’t have a Google account or if you are willing to create a new Google account, you are provided with the ability to do it as well. You just need to go through the sign in procedure and accept the terms and conditions. This will create a new Google account for you, which you can use to access the Google Play Store.
Installing Kik for PC inside Andy Emulator
You have completed 50% of your work by now. Now you just need to go ahead and install Kik for pc on the Android emulator you installed on the computer.
- To begin, you will need to go ahead and open Andy. However, you shouldn’t proceed with the installation as soon as you open Kik. Instead, you will need to wait for a couple of minutes.
- Now you need to open Google Play Store. On the Google Play Store, you should search for “Kik”. You will now be provided with a list of search results and you need to select the first one out of them and move forward.
- Now you will see a green colored button named “Install”. You need to click on it and the installation will begin.
- You will be able to see the installation steps on your screen. It will be similar to installing any other app on your Android device.
- Once the installation is complete, you will be able to see Kik app on the desktop of the Android emulator. You will need to launch it, provide your login information and access the Kik account. If you don’t have a Kik account, you can go ahead and create a one from here.
- When you log into the Kik messenger, you will be able to see the familiar interface, which you see on your Android device. Therefore, you just need to go ahead and send messages to your loved ones using the messenger. All Kik account information will be available and stored in the emulator, in a similar way to your mobile phone.
As you can see, installing Kik for Windows is never a difficult thing to do. You just need to follow some simple steps and you will be able to complete the installation with minimum hassle.