If you are keeping up with the latest technologies, the term ‘data science’ must not be new for you. It is a multidisciplinary field that involves scientific techniques, processes, frameworks, and algorithms used to obtain insights from structured and unstructured data. It has become one of the fasting-growing career options these days.
You would be surprised to know that the global data analytics market is predicted to hit USD 132.90 billion by 2026. The key players in this market are IBM, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Oracle, SiSense, and Zoho Corporation. Such bright prospects are the reason professionals across the world are embarking on a career in data science. Even employers have started looking for skilled candidates, preferably those who earn a Data Science certification.
An online data science course is the first step you can take to get started. Once you gain all the necessary skills, you can start applying for the opportunities available in this field. A reputed online course will help you understand what it takes to be a successful data scientist. In this article, we have listed the top data science online courses that you can take in 2021.
Before we dive in, if you are interested in a huge database of all the different data science bootcamps out there, in addition to a number of other course areas, take a look at CodingBootcamps.
So, let’s dive in!
Post Graduate Program in Data Science
Designed by – Simplilearn (in Partnership with Purdue University and in collaboration with IBM)
Simplilearn adopts a creative training methodology and versatile study modules to help you learn data science effectively. The course will help you add Python programming, NLP basics, machine learning algorithms, and data visualization with Tableau to your array of skills. Thanks to their trainers, you will learn data science with a comprehensive course curriculum and work on a capstone project to culminate your learning experience.
Some of the top skills covered in the program are descriptive statistics, R and Python programming, supervised and unsupervised learning, ensemble learning, inferential statistics, exploratory data analysis, and natural language processing. As a prerequisite, one should have a basic knowledge of programming concepts and mathematics.
Course duration – 12 months (5 to 10 hours per week)
- Become entitled to membership in the Purdue University Alumni Association
- Exclusive hackathons and Ask me Anything sessions by IBM
- IIMJobs Pro Membership for 6 months that includes resume assistance and career mentoring
- Over 25 Projects with Industry datasets from Amazon, UBER, Comcast, etc.
- Master Classes delivered by Purdue faculty and IBM experts
- 8X higher live interaction with 200+ hours of live online classes by industry experts
Data Scientist with Python
Designed by – DataCamp
This data science Bootcamp offers the know-how to career-building Python skills you need to succeed as a data scientist. You will learn how to use the powerful language to import, clean, manipulate, and visualize data. As part of the practical skills, you will work with real-world datasets on 6 projects to learn the statistical and machine learning techniques you would need to train the decision trees and use natural language processing.
The syllabus is divided into 23 courses that cover Python introduction, data manipulation with Pandas, data visualization with matplotlib, Python data science toolbox, importing data in Python, and so on.
Course duration – 88 hours
- Short video tutorials and hands-on coding exercises
- Work on interactive exercises on browser, receive real-time feedback and get reward points for better performance
- The assessments involved require learners to write actual code, resulting in a more accurate score that reflects real-world abilities.
- Solve real-world problems with guided/unguided projects
Data Science Bootcamp
Designed by – Springboard
Join the group of over 2300 learners who have enrolled in this Data Science career track by Springboard. You will experience more than 500 hours of interactive learning that combines videos, articles, industry-oriented projects, and career-related coursework. The program starts with the introduction to Python, writing clear, readable code using the PEP8 standard. Next, you will move on to learn about common tools and workflows in Python that simplify and automate data wrangling.
The in-depth curriculum incorporates lessons on data stories, machine learning, software engineering for data science, data science at scale, natural language processing, and fundamentals of deep learning.
Course duration – 6 months
- Unlimited 1:1 mentor support
- Build 14 real-world projects and develop a data science portfolio
- Curriculum designed by experts taking into account the requirements of hiring managers
- Access to a forum where learners can connect with peers and alumni that share the same career path
- Two capstone projects focused on realistic data science scenarios
Professional Certificate in Data Science
Designed by – Harvard University
This online data science training is available on the edX platform. It includes 9 skill-building courses to help you learn everything from fundamental R programming, statistical concepts to implementing machine learning algorithms and using R to implement linear regression. The program prepares you with the required knowledge base and useful skills to tackle real-world data analysis challenges.
You will get a clear understanding of probability, inference, regression, machine learning, and develop skills in R programming, data wrangling with dyplr, data visualization with ggplot2, file organization with Linux, and version control through this program. There are no prerequisites to take the course.
Course duration – 1 year 5 months (2 to 3 hours per week)
- Expert instruction from Harvard faculty
- Involves motivating case studies
- Involves 9 comprehensive courses, including a capstone
- A certificate with Harvard University’s logo to showcase your achievement